. .. . .. . .. Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.

Monday, January 21, 2008

on grammar and indecency

i work in a photo lab. i am often shocked by the pictures people are brave enough to share, even though they are only sharing them with me, an impartial, silent stranger whom they will never encounter again. the rest of the time, i am relieved that i am the one to see them rather than some unknown person who might make copies and post them on the internet, for example, one of my co-workers. "that would be so worth getting fired!" he says to me. part of me is inclined to agree, while the other part is shaking my head in disbelief.
still, think twice next time you take your dirty photos in.

facebook is ridiculous. not to sound like a hater, but it is just way too popular for its own good. i went to mine today, you know, routine checkup, to find it telling me to put all my applications on a second page. because, of course, under the assumption that i will add four or five hundred more applications per week, i should keep my main page "less cluttered." so i deleted them all. ha.

you won't find it unless you go look for it.
enough said.

lunch break today. as i was drinking my tea, squeezing in that last bit of chill time before i returned to confront the crazies and the photos, i started an argument. i didn't mean to. somebody mentioned that she had a hard time keeping track of time, and therefore stated that "whoever invented clocks suck." i couldn't help it. i corrected, "sucks." which i'm sure is right. "whoever invented clocks sucks." but suddenly, i was lost in a sea of opposition. it started out as "it's plural, so it's suck," briefly became "clocks is plural, so it's suck," then was settled at "whoever is plural, so it's suck." i said, "whoever is singular." but of the ten or so people in the room, 3 were strongly against my absurd ideas, 2 were practically over the fence, and the rest just couldn't make up their minds. i, of course, was on my side. well, the squabble hadn't faded ten minutes later. i didn't know what to do. i announced my withdrawal from the conversation, which was dramatically met with sighs of relief and a shout of comprimise: "whoever invented clocks is dead, so it should be "sucked."" good nuff.

No comments: