. .. . .. . .. Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

on time and mathematics

I feel as though I should have been born in 1905. I wasn't. I wonder if that was supposed to happen. Maybe it's a lesson of some kind. Let's see how we can put this to practical use, like math.

I will say this: Travelling must have been much easier in 1905. I'm not a terrorist. I never have been, nor do I plan to become, a terrorist. Yet I cannot evade all kinds of necessary paperwork and ulcer-causing problems. It makes me want to talk like a pirate; "Aaaaargh!" (just as an example).

1905. When women were strong, but not obvious; nurturing, yet itching to create scandal. When women were filled with an explosive desire to break out of the box that society confined them to, and nearly ready to. Must have been infuriating and amazing to be a part of it. Now that the work is done we often take our boxless existences for granted. Which is too bad.

1905. To be around when original Picassos were cheap, when Hollywood was crowned the movie capital of the world, when food was always fresh and water always clean. Around when rules of etiquette slowly began to unravel, when skirts became shorter, and when music became art. This I would have liked to experience.

Not that IPods and Wiis aren't really really neat.

No comments: