. .. . .. . .. Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

my fish, part II

it's true. i have, in fact, aquired for myself a fish of no distinction. congratulations to me. the thing about it is, this fish has no personality. actually, i'm lying. he has a personality. it's just very blah. this fish has no spirit, no spunk. i put a nice little shipwreck in the bowl, and all he ever does is lean on it. no, really. he's a leaner.

i haven't really been able to make friends with the fish. i tried, but he is completely uninterested in having any kind of relationship with me. and for this reason, i can't figure out how to name it. or even if i should. i'm not sure that i have his permission. i actually asked him, but he was all, leaning, playin it cool, you know? anyway, he didn't answer me.

nevertheless, i did have that poll up for a couple weeks, and at this time i would like to announce the winning name. "fiona the destroyer." go figure.

many thanks to all who participated in this poll. now i have a decision to make. do i a) respect the opinions of the fish whom all of my recent efforts on this subject have been dedicated to, or b) say "screw him" and call him fiona? the destroyer? and hope that maybe he'll grow into the name?

ah, screw it. fiona the destroyer it is.

1 comment:

Todd said...

With a name like "Fiona The Destroyer" how could he *not* grow into it. I mean, I could legally change my name to "Fiona The Destroyer" and within a week I'd be an entirely new person, just from the power of that name. In fact, I'd be tempted to give that a try except for the fact that I'm not 100% sure that those changes would be positive.

Still, "Fiona The Destroy" is the rockingest name of rockitude for a fish.